Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : open - 17-18
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
HSED or GED
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
This is a 1st shift position. You must have a minimum of 2 years experience in Industrial Maintenance in a manufacturing environment to qualify.
Perform a wide variety of duties to support maintenance department. This position is responsible building and grounds. Special assignments and assist in PM’s and cleaning.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment and machinery to help support production.
- Change light bulbs and ballasts in the plant. Responsible for cleaning the shop using power floor scrubbing replenishes bathroom supplies in restrooms, special projects.
- Assist technicians in the performance of their duties by performing a variety of tasks, PM’s maintenance of buildings and assist in maintenance duties as needed.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Responsible for scrap metal pickup and trash/garbage compactor pickup when full.
- Perform the required preventive maintenance (PM) work.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with company standards and 6S program • Cleans equipment and keeps the outside of the facility clean.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications & Skills Required
- High School/GED, must have a minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge and work experience in electrical and building maintenance.
- Power truck experience a plus
- Ability to identify, solve problems, and multi-task under deadlines.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivational, enthusiastic, and have a positive attitude
- Ability to perform as a team player
You must have your own reliable transportation to and from this location. We do not provide transportation. It is on a bus line.
Attention to detail
Diagnose and Repair Machinery
Lift 50lbs+ as needed
Math and Basic number skills
Read, write, and speak English fluently