Job Type :
Compensation : 17.00 - 18.00 USD/HOUR
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
HSED or GED
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
This position has 1st and 2nd shift openings. 1-year previous experience required. You must have your own reliable transportation to and from the job. This is not on a bus line and we do not provide transportation. Being bilingual is a plus but not required.
The machine operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines in order to pack optimum number of quality packages of product.
o Adhere to company human safety policies and procedures.
o Adhere to company food safety, quality and regulatory practices and procedures
o Set up and operate packaging machine(s) to ensure finished product meets all Customer/ Regulatory requirements.
o Clean and sanitize equipment during changeovers from one product to another.
o Inspect packaging equipment prior to line start-up and changeovers.
o Take ownership of packaging line results
o Maintain accurate and legible records/documentation
o Oversee efficient and safe operation and of all equipment and personnel on line.
o Communicate with all Coworkers and Maintenance staff to ensure optimal equipment performance.
o Assisting other departments as needed and performing related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 yrs or older.
- Prefer having at least 1 year of packaging machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing specifications and quality standards.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, Allergens and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to problem- solve equipment and processes in partnership with maintenance.
- Ability to determine root cause and diligently apply corrective action.
- Ability to read and write English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic Math skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time,
· Perform repetitive tasks.
· Lift up to 50lbs periodically.
· Bend, Stoop, kneel, and climb a ladder and stairs.
· Push/pull up to 2200 lbs of raw materials on a pallet with a pallet jack
· Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weight up to 50 lbs
· Slide barrels of up to 600 lbs of ingredients from pallets to conveyors.
· Potential allergens exposure to: Peanuts, Other Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Eggs.
· Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment corresponding to task (i.e. hearing protection, face shield, safety glasses, aprons, gloves, etc.)
Attention to detail
Familiar with GMP
Lift 50lbs+ as needed
Maintain accurate/legible records/documentation
Math and Basic number skills
Read, write, and speak English fluently