This position is mainly responsible for maintaining and repairing hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components of production equipment and machines; installs and repairs electrical components of industrial equipment and machinery; performs all preventive maintenance functions; and ensures maintenance of buildings and grounds.
· Visually inspects and listens to equipment and machines to locate causes of malfunctions.
· Dismantles equipment and machines to gain access to problem area.
· Repairs equipment and machines and tests their operation following repair.
· Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed equipment and machines such as conveyors, robot, presses, etc.
· Connects power supply wires to equipment and machines and connects cables and wires between equipment and machines.
· Assists with replacing faulty electrical components of equipment and machines such as relays, switches and motors.
· Performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishing of buildings.
· Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and standards.
· Complies with company policies and safety regulations for workers
· Assists with performing preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment
· Confers with supervisor to coordinate work activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and inside and outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The temperature in the factory may vary from 70 degrees Fahrenheit during the winter to 110 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer. Employees may get dirty with grease and oil.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.