Quality Control Technician
Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : open - 20-22
Required Years of Experience :
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Job Description :
There are positions open on both 1st and 2nd shift. 2nd shift does have a $.50 shift premium.
Assures Quality Control activities have been established and adhered to on the manufacturing floor. This position will perform inspection audits, record data and report compliance to the Quality Management System.
- Promotes quality awareness by completing production walk-throughs, communicating with operators and educating on quality criteria.
- Interpret inspection and sampling plan requirements and perform in-process and receiving inspection audits.
- Verifies First Piece Approvals are completed and standard work is being performed throughout the production order.
- Support manufacturing and engineering by completing quality inspections and providing feedback to ensure processes and products are in compliance.
- Performs final assembly verifications and document results.
- Inspect, assess and test suspect materials and provide detailed findings including the reporting of raw data, analysis and conclusions to dispute or confirm theory.
- Member of Material Review Board (MRB) and assist with identifying and monitoring nonconforming materials investigation, root cause analysis, stock containment and corrective action plans.
- Train operators on quality procedures and gauging methodology.
- Maintain the calibration system and metrology equipment.
- Perform document control activities such as maintaining ISO documents and QC paperwork maintenance assignments.
- Create work instructions and forms for inspection processes.
- Perform process audits, identify nonconformance and opportunities for improvement and make recommendations.
- Work independently on assigned projects to meet targeted dates including data analysis, charting results, finalizing summary and reporting to management.
- Effectively interact with personnel from other departments.
- Proficiently communicate in writing with suppliers and customers to ensure appropriate information is being transferred.
- Perform daily work assignments including assisting work in operations as needed, as delegated by the Quality Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment, with 1-2 years of quality control experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Ability to interpret and create documents on an intermediate skill level
- Ability to apply mathematical skills on an intermediate level
- Experience in ISO certified manufacturing a plus
- Ability to read blueprints and appropriately use handheld gages
- SAP a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
Attention to detail
Lift 50lbs+ as needed
Maintain accurate/legible records/documentation
MS Office, Word, Excel, ect
Read, write, and speak English fluently