Roasting Machine Operators
Job Type :
Compensation : 16.00 - 18.00 USD/YEAR
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
HSED or GED
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
This position is open on first shift and second shift. You must have 1year previous experience in either Roasting, Machine Operation, or fast paced food manufacturing. Being Bilingual is a huge plus but not a requirement.
The roasting machine operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines in order to pack optimum number of quality packages of product.
o Adhere to company human safety policies and procedures.
o Adhere to company food safety, quality and regulatory practices and procedures
o Set up and operate packaging machine(s) to ensure finished product meets all Customer/ Regulatory requirements.
o Clean and sanitize equipment during changeovers from one product to another.
o Inspect packaging equipment prior to line start-up and changeovers.
o Take ownership of roasting line results
o Maintain accurate and legible records/documentation
o Oversee efficient and safe operation and of all equipment and personnel on the line.
o Communicate with all Coworkers and Maintenance staff to ensure optimal equipment performance.
o Assisting other departments as needed and performing related duties as assigned.
Fast paced food packaging environment that may include weekend work and overtime, exposure to various temperatures, working on concrete floors and noise levels exceeding 85 dbls.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 yrs or older.
- Prefer having at least 1 year of packaging machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing specifications and quality standards.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, Allergens and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to problem- solve equipment and processes in partnership with maintenance.
- Ability to determine root cause and diligently apply corrective action.
- Ability to read and write English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic Math skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time,
· Perform repetitive tasks.
· Lift up to 50lbs periodically.
· Bend, Stoop, kneel, and climb a ladder and stairs.
· Push/pull up to 2200 lbs of raw materials on a pallet with a pallet jack
· Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weight up to 50lbs
· Slide barrels of up to 600 lbs of ingredients from pallets to conveyors.
· Potential allergens exposure to: Peanuts, Other Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Eggs.
· Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment corresponding to task (i.e. hearing protection, face shield, safety glasses, aprons, gloves, etc.)
Attention to detail
Familiar with GMP
Knowledge of Food Quality Standards
Lift 50lbs+ as needed
Read, write, and speak English fluently
set up/operator machine