Qualified candidates must be detailed orientated, have strong communication and organizational skills, and possess the ability to prioritize time-sensitive work while managing work schedules, work centers, people, and projects in a fast-paced work environment that continually meets customer requirements for quality and on-time delivery. Department Managers are employee-team focused individuals with excellent motivational skills. They work closely with Engineering, Project Managers, and Quality Management to develop robust plans that shift from reaction to proactive production, analyze opportunities for improvement, and evaluate data to ensure successful results and continuous improvement.
· Motivated to create a safe, engaged workforce that will improve bottom-line results, efficiency and execution of processes while eliminating wasted steps and missed opportunities ensuring long-term profitability and business growth.
· Knowledgeable with Six Sigma Tools, a Quality Management Systems certified to ISO 9001:2015 Standards, and Plan-Do-Check-Act operational keys to success that identify, analyze, design and manufacture solutions that deliver and support operational and customer expectations.
· Experienced in set-up, production and maintenance of Vertical & Horizontal CNC, Sinker EDM, and Wire EDM Machining Centers.
· Able to evaluate and program production equipment using CAM software such as: PowerMill, Fusion 360 and ESPRIT.
· Familiarity with 3D designs for parts, complete molds, dies, patterns and core boxes using software such as: SolidWorks, CREO, NX, CATIA.
A degree from a college, university and/or associate degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent work experience, are desired. Affiliation to AFS and/or NADCA is preferred.