Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : 20.00 USD/HOUR
Required Years of Experience :
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Job Description :
Pay: $18 to $25 per hour (Depending on exp). All 3 shifts currently available.
Specific Experience Required
Experience with open table fit up & welding large parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Including the following, however, additional duties may apply as required)
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Read and comprehend welding instructions and structural drawings
- Verifies correct quantity and quality of parts welded
- Layout stitch welds; locations of weld and weld size for welders
- Work from drawings, patterns, fixtures and specifications
- Layout and operate both fuel gas and plasma hand torches for fitting purposes
- Move material using a forklift and crane according to standard operating procedure, safety regulations and practices
- Assist with the welding of a Weldments
- Perform cleaning, assembly, and straightening operations as directed by Supervision
- May be required to perform the following welding processes: GMAW, Flux, Sub Arc, etc.
- Ability to comply with all quality policies, specifications and instructions
Required Qualifications :
Education and Experience
A minimum of one year experience as an open table Fitter
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Heavy manufacturing in a job shop environment required
Blueprint reading and shop math required
Mig and Fluxcore Welding Methods required
Personal Welding Equipment required (Helmet, gloves, etc)
Must be able to read blueprints
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane and forklift. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.